Here’s my 5 top reasons you should consult a Landscape architect on your garden design project.
1. Landscape architects have a very wide based training in design, technology, materials, plants ecology and architecture which combined with their knowledge of the soil, climate local context etc. it gives them a perspective which enables them to find innovative solutions and original designs leading to a unique garden for your family.
2. Landscape architects are independent from contractors. As designers they charge fees for their design ideas and expertise. This enables unbiased advice for plant selection, materials choices or the selection of a contractor. This gets the best value for your garden.
3. Landscape architects create the documents which enable a useful consultation of contractors. Unless all the contractors selected to tender are responding to the same schedules and specification their offers are not comparable. This process can reveal huge variations in unit prices. Getting better prices for the client.
4. Experienced landscape architects have an intimate knowledge of local suppliers of both hard and soft materials, local plant nurseries and contractors. They know who is most likely to have the materials and equipment for your project according to the type size of works involved.
5. Landscape architects need recommendations to get their next jobs so they need to make sure you get the best garden they can design and execute.
And a bonus
6. Landscape architects are passionate about their work and will teach you how to take care of your garden as they oversee the construction. They know that planting is just the beginning and that a garden is a living thing. I for one love to hear how gardens I designed are evolving over time. You can call me anytime for advice on garden care.